Fire destroys 102-year-old home in Charleston - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Fire destroys 102-year-old home in Charleston

Bonnie Neal's home on Cleveland Street went up in flames early Sunday morning. Bonnie Neal's home on Cleveland Street went up in flames early Sunday morning.
Neal lost everything, including her dog in the fire. Neal lost everything, including her dog in the fire.
Family members say they believe a problem with the home's electrical wiring sparked the fire. Family members say they believe a problem with the home's electrical wiring sparked the fire.
CHARLESTON, MO (KFVS) -

A weekend fire destroyed more than 100 years of memories in Charleston Sunday.

Bonnie Neal's home on Cleveland Street went up in flames early Sunday morning.

Neal lost everything, including her dog in the fire.

Neal's roommate says she also lost a lot of things that can never be replaced.

"A whole bunch of memories, right here, because I knew her parents and we've been friends, her son," said Edith Boyd, who lived in the house. "But I've lost all of my family pictures too and everything I had left was in that house."

Family members say they believe a problem with the home's electrical wiring sparked the fire.

Both women are now staying with family.

An account has been established for Bonnie Neal. Donations can be made to Citizens Bank in Charleston.

Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly