CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - Did you know extreme heat is hard on yourelectronic gadgets, which could be hazardous to your health?
With temperatures in the 90s and100s your cell phone and other gadgets like your tablet and lap top could windup with heat stroke.
Leaving your device onyour dashboard on days like today is about the worst thing you can do.
It can cause permanentdamage.
Many smart phones have analert. Many say their phone became disabled showing it was too hot.
Those lithium ionbatteries inside can expand and stop working in the heat.
In extreme cases thebatteries can explode, causing a potentially toxic situation.
"Most electronicdevices and the batteries will both have internal temperature sensors whichwill cause them to warn you or shut down in an overheat," said EricBennett, Co-Owner of Velocity Electronics in Cape Girardeau. "My advice isto keep electronics out of heat, and if you do have to get them out in the heathave air flow on them."
Extreme temps are not goodfor your device overall.
Experts say heat candecrease the life of not just the battery, but the entire gadget.