JACKSON, MO (KFVS) - Authorities say fireworks are to blame for sparking a two acre grass fire in rural Jackson, Missouri.
Fire crews were battling the grass fire on Lonesome Cove Road in Saddlebrooke Ridge subdivision near Jackson, Missouri. It happened around 12:45 p.m.
Authorities say the fire was sparked after several juveniles were setting off aerial fireworks.
Deputies say no formal charges are pending.
A neighbor says she was worried about the dry conditions and actually forbid her kids from shooting fireworks this year.
"I think the fire departments did a great job of responding very quickly to contain it to that small of an area," said Angie Jeffers.
Firefighters say the field caught fire between two houses. They had to work fast to make sure it didn't spread to the homes.