MALDEN, MO (KFVS) - Fire crews were called to an abandoned house fire Friday night in Malden. It happened at 601 North Marion Street.
According to Malden Fire Engineer Cody LaMunion, people were shooting off fireworks in front of the house before the fire. Although, the firefighters can't confirm the fire was due to the fireworks.
The abandoned house burned to the ground. And, the camper beside it has significant burn damage. Both were a total loss.
Two other houses were damaged from the fire as well. They have siding damage and broken windows. One of the houses is across the street.
Firefighters said this fire was extremely hot. They had a EMS cooling station on-hand but firefighters never had heat exhaustion.
There were no injuries.