Woman injured in house explosion in Valier

(Source: Dave Trotter)
(Source: Dave Trotter)

VALIER, IL (KFVS) - Natural gas is to blame for an early morning house explosion in Valier Tuesday.

Valier Fire Chief Mike Gulley says a husband and wife were in their home on Rea Street when something sparked a fire around 4:30 a.m.

The woman was taken to a St. Louis hospital for treatment of burns. The husband was not hurt.

Gulley says the home is a total loss.

No word on what sparked the fire.

Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.