MARION, IL (KFVS) - A house in Marion suffered major damage after a fire Saturday morning.
The home in the 300 block of East Calvert suffered major smoke, heat and fire damage, according to Marion Fire Captain Bill Heyde.
The captain says the cause was electrical.
According to a station report, crews responded to the home shortly before 11 a.m. after a resident reported smelling smoke.
After they arrived on the scene, crews found light smoke coming from the roof and a fire in an exterior wall by the front door. According to Capt. Heyde, the fire extended to the attic.
Mutual aid was provided by Herrin Fire Department.