PIEDMONT, MO (KFVS) - The city of Piedmont has issued a boil water order for the City of Piedmont Public Water System in Wayne County.
A water break prompted the boil water order.
The order is in effect until further notice.
- Anyone served by the public water system is asked to observe the following precautions:
- Boil water vigorously for three minutes prior to use for cooking or drinking.
- Disinfect food contact surfaces (dishes) by immersing them for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Dispose of ice cubes and remake with water that has been boiled.
- Continue boiling all water that is to be used for cooking or drinking until the cause of the contamination has been found and corrected.
- Water used for bathing does not need to be boiled.