Carbon monoxide causes evacuation at Blanchard Elementary - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Carbon monoxide causes evacuation at Blanchard Elementary

Students at Blanchard Elementary were evacuated from school after a carbon monoxide detector went off. Students at Blanchard Elementary were evacuated from school after a carbon monoxide detector went off.
Students played outside until they were let back in the school. Students played outside until they were let back in the school.
Fire crews think the hot water heater caused the alarm. Fire crews think the hot water heater caused the alarm.
This is the second time in a week students were evacuated. This is the second time in a week students were evacuated.
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) -

An unusual insect problem caused students at Blanchard Elementary in Cape Girardeau to spend time out of the classroom Monday.

It's the second time in a week the building has had to be cleared. Staff made the decision to clear the building after a carbon monoxide detector went off.

An administrator with the school says some dirt-dobbers clogged up an air intake at the school, and the problem is fixed, now.

The normal school day resumed around noon.

Copyright 2012 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly