EAST PRAIRIE, MO (KFVS) - Fire destroyed the home of an East Prairie family of five on Saturday.
According to Fire Chief Kyle Hutcheson, the fire started shortly before 1 p.m. at the home located on the corner of Williams and Wilbur Street.
Hutcheson says wind was a big factor in fighting the blaze. He says the fire started in the front of the house and spread to the attic. The home is a total loss.
Crews were still on the scene late Saturday afternoon putting out hot spots.
According to the fire chief, the fire was ruled as electrical failure of a candle warmer.
He says there were working smoke detectors in the home.
No one was hurt in the blaze.