MCCLURE, IL (KFVS) - A McClure family is homeless Sunday night after a fire destroys their home.
Fire crews got the call at 5:50 p.m. of a mobile home on fire at 4861 Grape Vine Trail near McClure, IL. When they arrived flames and heavy smoke were pouring out of the home.
Fire crews say there were no problems fighting the blaze, but initially they had concerns that someone may have been inside due to a number of vehicles parked at the residence. After searching the home, while the home was on fire, firefighters discovered that no one was inside.
According McClure-East Cape Fire Chief Stanley Mouser, the family had left 30 to 40 minutes after the fire started and says the family does not have insurance. Chief Mouser has contacted the American Red Cross to help the family. The family has lost everything in the blaze.
Chief Mouser tells Heartland News the fire started in the kitchen and is not considered suspicious, but smoke and flames have destroyed the mobile home.
More than 20 firefighters responded to the blaze from the McClure-East Cape, Tamms, and Horse Shoe Lake Fire Departments.
Grapevine Trail Road was closed while fire crews put out the blaze. Crews put out the fire around 6:50 p.m. and stayed on the scene for more than an hour later to make sure hot spots were completely out.
No one was hurt fighting the fire.
This is the fourth fire this week in the heartland. Fires in Olive Branch, Herrin, and Portageville have left families homeless before the holidays in the past week.