Portageville home goes up in flames

Photo courtesy of: Bill Holland
Photo courtesy of: Bill Holland

A Portageville family has lost almost everything they own in a house fire.

It's the the third such fire in two days.

According to fire chief Bill Foster, the fire may have started because of a heater in the back of the home but the chief's not sure of that just yet.

The chief says firefighters arrived just before five o'clock.

The family was not home at the time, so no one was hurt but the chief says the family did lose everything and the house is a total loss.

Firefighters are keeping an eye on the house, to make sure the fire does not flare up again.

Copyright 2011 KFVS. All rights reserved.