MCCRACKEN COUNTY, KY (KFVS) - The McCracken County Sheriff's Department needs information about two shooting incidents.
According to the sheriff's department, a homeowner on Ted Williams Road reported that someone shot through a bedroom window. The bullet ended up in a wall on the opposite side of the house. The homeowner believes it happened between October 22nd and October 23rd.
On October 27th, a resident on Fieldmont Drive called the sheriff's department after hearing glass break in the kitchen. Investigators said a bullet went through a kitchen window, hit a chair, and landed on the floor. Deputies believe the shot was fired from U.S. 67-Rosebower Church Road.
According to the sheriff's department, the incidents are probably not related and are likely accidental. Deputies would still like to find the individuals responsible.
The sheriff's department also wants to remind the public of the dangers of shooting firearms, especially near residential areas.
- Always treat firearms as if they are loaded
- Point the muzzle away from non-targets
- Keep fingers off the trigger when not in the process of shooting
- Always be sure of your target and what is beyond it
- Do not shoot a fire arm in the air. The bullet must come down somewhere.
If you have any information about either incident, you're asked to call the McCracken County Sheriff's Department at (270) 444-4719.