2 die of smoke inhalation in Portageville house fire - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

2 die of smoke inhalation in Portageville house fire

PEMISCOT COUNTY, MO (KFVS) -

An elderly couple died from smoke inhalation stemming from a house fire late Saturday night.

Wayne Miracle, 82, and Clara E. Myracle, 83, died from smoke inhalation, according to Pemiscot County Jim Grimhall.

Pemiscot County Sheriff Tommy Greenwell says the couple was inside the home south of Portageville at the time of the fire.

According to Lt. Ryan Holder with the Pemiscot Co. Sheriff's Office, the fire isn't considered suspicious.

Investigators with the fire marshal's office and the Pemiscot County Sheriff's Office determined the fire started in the laundry room near the clothes dryer.

Deputies along with the Portageville Fire Department responded to the fire.

Copyright 2011 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly