Chaffee fire ruled accidental - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Chaffee fire ruled accidental

(Source: Skype) (Source: Skype)
CHAFFEE, MO (KFVS) -

The Chaffee Police Department says crews responded to what is being called an accidental fire Wednesday afternoon on 3rd Street in Chaffee.

Crews put out the fire around 5:30 p.m. Neighbors say an ambulance left with a male in his 40s or early 50s who lives in the home. Firefighters say the man was responsive when he was rescued.

Neighbors are the ones who called 911. They busted out a window out of the home and felt the man on his bed but were unable to get him out.

Firefighters removed the man from the home after they arrived.

Officials say he was taken to an area hospital.

According to Assistant Chief Rob Jenkins, the cause of the fire was accidental. It started in the kitchen and there was fire damage in kitchen and living room.

Jenkins says there is smoke damage in the rest of the house.

The house looks like a complete loss, according to Jenkins.

There was no word Thursday afternoon on the condition of the man taken to the hospital.

Copyright 2011 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly