(KFVS) - One storm related injury has been reported in Sesser.
Officials from the Franklin County Emergency Management Agency say the city of Sesser appears to be the most affected area with downed trees, power lines, and some damages to homes and businesses.
Storm reports from the Emergency Manager in Franklin County reports wind gusts to 65 miles per hour. About 20 trees were uprooted. One building that was under construction was leveled.
Franklin County EMA reminds residents to play it safe when cleaning up debris from the storm. Some roads are blocked by downed trees and drivers are reminded to use caution when traveling. Unnecessary travel in the area is discouraged at this time.
Hundreds of people were without power in southern Illinois after storms swept through the area Tuesday night, according to Ameren Illinois' website. No significant outages were reported Wednesday morning.
As of 7:20 p.m. Tuesday there were
- 277 customers without power in Randolph
- 5 customers without power in Gallatin
- 744 customers without power in Franklin
- 21 customers without power in White
- 13 customers without power in Jefferson
- 11 customers without power in Johnson
- 4 customer without power in Perry