Fire scare at Cape antiques store - KFVS12 News & Weather Cape Girardeau, Carbondale, Poplar Bluff

Fire scare at Cape antiques store

When fire crews arrived, they found no fire, but a fan motor had burnt up, causing the smoke. When fire crews arrived, they found no fire, but a fan motor had burnt up, causing the smoke.
CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) -

There was quite a scare at an antiques store Saturday on Broadway.

According to Fred Vincell, battalion chief for the Cape Girardeau Fire Department, a woman called reporting smoke coming from Annie Laurie's around 10 a.m. Saturday.

When fire crews arrived, they found no fire, but a fan motor had burnt up, causing the smoke.

There was no smoke damage to the antiques, and no injuries reported.

Copyright 2011 KFVS. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly