CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - Fire crews believe a problem with wiring caused an afternoon fire that damaged a home on Independence street in Cape Girardeau.
The fire broke out just before 6:00p.m. Monday at a home at 1540 Independence.
Police and fire crews blocked off the street while firefighters battled the fire.
Firefighters say the people who live in the home came home and noticed smoke inside the house. They then called 911.
Firefighters believe the fire started in the basement in some electrical wiring.
No one was hurt.