Man accused of killing uncle, choking woman in Williamson Co.

Randy Feazel (Source: Williamson County Jail)
Randy Feazel (Source: Williamson County Jail)

WILLIAMSON COUNTY, IL (KFVS) - A homicide investigation is underway in Williamson County Friday morning.

The scene of the investigation is located on a road off of Somers Church Road near the Saline County line on the east side of the county.

According to investigators a 68-year-old Donald Essary was found dead inside a trailer at 24465 Pulliam Road shortly after 9:15 p.m. Thursday.

Essary's nephew, Randy Feazel, 47, is charged with 1st degree murder.

Feazel and Essary lived in the same trailer.

An investigator says the original call came from a neighbor of the victim.

By the light of day, Angie Crawford still holds her phone tight.  Just a few hours earlier she used it to make a frantic call to 911.

"(I) heard my son hollering he's in the house, they came a running," Crawford said.

Crawford says she had just come out of the shower when her neighbor, Randy Feazel, beat down their front door.

"My son said 'Mom he has blood on him, he's naked, he's just really crazy,"' Crawford said.

Crawford says she and her kids locked themselves in the bathroom and called for help.

"As I was on the phone with the police he was beating down the door and he came in there and he was like I'm going to kill you," Crawford said.

Crawford says they tried to fight Feazel then suddenly he backed down.

"He was trying to choke me, put all his weight on me in the bathroom and stuff and the way that he was hollering and screaming that he was going to just kill us, I mean, it was just like that split second whenever he realized who I was and he walked out," Crawford said.

A family member finally helped get Feazel out of the house.  Soon after Williamson County Sheriff's deputies arrived.  Lieutenant Brian Thomas says that's when they discovered Donald Essary's body inside his home.

Crawford says the two have lived next door for several years. She added Essary was like part of the family and usually stopped by if there was some sort of problem.

"He just never came out," Crawford said. "My father-in-law and I stood out there and we knew there was something."

Investigators are waiting for autopsy results.

Feazel's bond is set at $1 million.  His preliminary hearing has been set for April 11, 2011 at 1:15 p.m.

Copyright 2011 KFVS. All rights reserved.