Cape used auto lot damaged in late night fire

By Heartland News

CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO (KFVS) - Investigators say it appears an overnight used car lot fire was started by something of an electrical nature and at this time is not suspicious.

The fire was at Best Buy Motors on North Kingshighway. The fire broke out in a shed near the rear of the lot around 11:30 Monday night.

At one point crews were concerned that the flames might spread, igniting the parked cars on the lot.  But firefighters were able to get the fire under control before that happened.

The heat from the fire, however, did melt some of the siding on a nearby home.

No one was hurt in the fire. At this time Cape Girardeau fire investigators estimate the extensive damage loss at $25,000.

Copyright 2010 KFVS. All rights reserved.