Before the winter season moves into the Heartland, you want to make sure that you are prepared. One of the best things to have on hand is a Winter Storm Survival Kit. Here are some suggested items so that you can build your own Winter Storm Survival Kit.
- First aid kit and essential medications.
- Battery-powered NOAA Weather radio, flashlight, and extra batteries.
- Canned food and a non-electric can opener.
- Bottled water (at least one gallon of water per person per day to last at least 3 days).
- Extra warm clothing, including boots, mittens, and a hat.
- Emergency heating source, such as a fireplace or space heater. Make sure you have proper ventilation.
- Assemble a Disaster Supplies Kit for your car, too.
- Have your car winterized before winter storm season.