By Heartland News
SIKESTON, MO (KFVS) - Sikeston DPS now has a Facebook account that everyone can follow by searching 'Sikeston DPS' on Facebook to find their account.
The department says, over the last few years they have been searching for newer ways to improve community relations and expediting information to the public.
They say they chose to use Facebook for several reasons. First you must realize how valuable the public is in helping them do their job. Their business is information based, and the better they are at gathering this information, the safer their community will be.
Facebook provides rapid communication directly to the citizens. All of the department's news releases are posted on their Facebook account.
Sikeston DPS says these are just a few examples of how Facebook can assist their community:
- Locating wanted suspects
- Advising of road closings or construction
- Locating missing children or adults
- Updating dangerous weather conditions
- Updating recent arrests and crime
- Simply providing an avenue for us to solicit feedback to better our efforts.