By Heartland News
FRUITLAND, MO (KFVS) - A wood chips in a silo caught fire near Flickerwood Area in Fruitland Friday afternoon.
Fruitland Fire Chief Dean Riley says nothing inside the structure was damaged and no one was hurt.
The silo behind Flickerwood is where the chips are stored before they get separated into shavings.
The apparent cause of the fire was when a bearing overheated on one of the machines catching some of the wood shavings on fire.
The Fruitland, North County, East County, and Jackson fire departments all responded as well as the Salvation Army to assist firefighters with the heat.