By Heartland News
CARBONDALE, IL (KFVS) – Carbondale Police have arrested seven roofing contractors after an investigation of citizen complaints.
Earlier officials had met with contractors to see if they were properly licensed in the State of Illinois.
Police arrested the following seven people and charged them with a Class A Misdemeanor:
- Bryan L. Adams (Adams Const.) – Marion, IL
- Robert M. Gunter (Gemini) – Royalton, IL
- Thomas R. Norris (N & S Const.) – Christopher, IL
- Brian E. Kennedy (Brian Kennedy Const.) – Pomona, IL
- David M. Mitchell (Mitchell Exteriors) – Murphysboro, IL
- Jonathan E. Gille (Property Clean) – Herrin, IL
- Charles L. Hardy (H&D Contractors) – Equality, IL
The arrested contractors posted bond and were released pending a court date:
The City of Carbondale Police Department, the City of Carbondale Building and Neighborhood Services Division, and the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation made the checks.
Officials say the check was made to make sure quality services are given for the citizens of Carbondale by licensed contractors.
All persons and companies doing roofing work in the city of Carbondale must be registered as a roofing contractor with the city's Building and Neighborhood Services Division which maintains a list of licensed roofers and electricians that are registered with the city.
Roofing repairs should be made by qualified roofing contractors who are licensed by the State of Illinois.
For a listing of registered roofers and electricians contact the Building and Neighborhood Services Division at (618) 457-3237.