SEMO Student Killed in Fire
By CJ Cassidy
Investigators say an extension cord maybe to blame for the deadly fire. Firefighters were called to the scene by people on their way to work. When they got there, they learned someone was still trapped inside. They worked fast, and managed to put out the flames.. but they weren't able to find Katrina Krumrie until it was too late.
Firefighters say the fire started in the bedroom where Krumrie was found. The Coronor tells Heartland News Krumrie died of smoke inhalation.