Fire Destroys Historic Heartland Building

A business that was the cornerstone of a Heartland town is destroyed.
Stafford Furniture and Appliance of Portageville burned to the ground after investigators say the fire started in the attic early Friday morning. The business was in Portageville for more than 70 years.
"Actually I bought my first new stove in there and washing machine. And I've been trading with them since 1953," Johnnie Long said.
Fire investigators say it could take weeks to discover what started the blaze. They are saying it doesn't look like arson.
"My mom and dad bought furniture from them. I bought furniture from them. My sister got furniture from them," Billy Garrison said.
According to the store owners, they do have insurance. But there is no word if the owners will be rebuild.