Associated Press - April 28, 2009 1:24 PM ET
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - A historic preservation group is out with its latest listings of the 10 most-endangered landmarks in Illinois, and it's adding a twist.
Landmark Illinois made a special reference to Chicago's landmark ordinance, which is being challenged in the courts by two property owners.
The latest list by the nonprofit group that's put them out since 1995 includes a former stagecoach stop in southern Illinois' Clark County where Abraham Lincoln once slept as an attorney.
The rundown also includes a century-old train station in Rock Island County that the group says is in the path of a federal bridge project.
Other counties with so-called endangered places include Clark, Cook, Fulton, Gallatin, Green, Kane and Shelby.
10 Most Endangered Landmarks in Illinois:
- Arcade Building - Riverside, IL (Cook Co.)
- Archer House - Marshall, IL (Clark Co.)
- Aurora Masonic Temple - Aurora, IL (Kane Co.)
- Chutauqua Auditorium - Shelbyville, IL (Shelby Co.)
- Davenport, Rock Island & Northwestern Depot - Moline, IL (Rock Island Co.)
- Lewis Pharmacy Interior - Canton, IL (Fulton Co.)
- Michael Reese Hospital Campus - Chicago, IL (Cook Co.)
- Porthole Barns of Greene County - (Green Co.)
- Prentice Women's Hospital - Chicago, IL (Cook Co.)
- Shawneetown Bank - Old Shawneetown, IL (Gallatin Co.)