- Fruits and vegetables are high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals.
- Asparagus is a good source of folic acid, potassium, and fiber.
- Peas contain vitamin C, iron, fiber, and even some protein.
- Artichokes provide almost 25% of the daily recommended amount of folate, and are also high in magnesium, potassium, and fiber.
- Mangoes are an excellent source of antioxidants such as vitamin A, C, and E. This fruit also contains vitamin B, potassium, copper, and fiber.
- Spray medium skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add artichokes, bell pepper, onion, olives, oregano, basil, and black pepper. Cook 8 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Remove vegetables from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Cook egg substitute in same skillet. Cook until set in center.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over half of omelet; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of cheese. Slide onto serving plate. Top omelet with remaining 1 tablespoon of cheese and green onion. Cut into 4 wedges to serve.