(KFVS) - Heavy rainfall is causing flash flooding in parts of the Heartland. The high-water is causing some road closures.
Missouri water over the road report
- Route F westbound and east bound closed due to flooding.
- Route V southbound and northbound is closed due to flooding.
- MO 80 eastbound and westbound is closed due to water over the roadway.
- MO 77 southbound and northbound is closed due to water over the road.
New Madrid County
- Route P eastbound and westbound is closed due to water over the roadway.
- MO 162 eastbound and westbound is closed due to the Mississippi River rising.
- WW closed westbound and eastbound due to the Mississippi River rising.
- Floodgates at Caruthersville floodwall will closes sometime on Thursday, Feb. 14. The closing could take place possibly around Noon.
- Route H northbound and southbound is closed due to flooding.
- Route W southbound is closed due to flooding.
- Route C northbound and southbound is closed due to flooding from heavy rainfall.
Illinois water over the road report
- Due to rising flood waters on the Ohio River, the Illinois Department of Transportation will close a section of Illinois 1 in Hardin County, near Harris Creek, to traffic at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, February 19, 2019. These rising flood waters may ultimately impact several locations along Illinois 1, depending upon the severity of the high water. All motorists are encouraged to use extreme caution and avoid areas where high water is present on pavements.
- IDOT officials have closed IL HWY 37 over Atchison Creek, near Adams Rd In Bonnie, to repair a hole that has formed in the roadway. Crews are working to repair it, with possibility of it being closed throughout the night. Please seek an alternate route.
- The Jefferson Co. Sheriff’s Office has received a call about a large pot hole that has formed on IL Highway 37 by Hutchinson rd. on Feb. 12 around 9:55 p.m. A deputy did confirm a 2 x 4 ft wide and 6 inch deep hole in the northbound lane. There have been several cars already hit it and have blown their tires. IDOT has been advised and is heading that way to fix it. At 1:30 a.m. the Sheriff’s Office reported the pothole was fixed.
- Franklin County: Yellowbanks Road remains closed until further notice. Park Street & Peach Orchard Road have been reopened, according to EMA.
Kentucky water over the road report as of 6:50 a.m. on 2/20
KYTC has recieved reports of trees down and partially blocking highways in Livingston County and Carlisle County. There may be more out there that have not been reported, so please use caution on your morning commute.
- US 60 is CLOSED at the 11 mile marker due to floodwaters near the Floodwall in Smithland. A detour has been established via KY 453 and KY 967.
- KY 91 is CLOSED at the 15mm at the Cave-In-Rock Ferry Landing
- The Cave-in-Rock Ferry is CLOSED Due to Floodwaters Over the Kentucky Landing until about Feb 25th
- KY 135 is CLOSED at the 4.15mm in Sawmill Hollow at the Spring Branch Culvert
- KY 1917/Wolf Creek Rd is CLOSED at the 1.5mm at the Wolf Creek Bridge
- KY 132 is CLOSED at the Webster-Crittenden County Line in the Fishtrap Area at the Tradewater River Bridge- signs posted
- KY 135 has Water Over Road signs posted at the 12.1mm at the Hurricane Creek One Lane Bridge
- KY 135 is CLOSED at the 5.5mm West of Tolu- signs posted
- KY 135 is CLOSED at the 6.7mm immediately east of Tolu- signs posted
- KY 80 has REOPENED at the 2.8mm in the West End Area of Arlington just west of US 51
- KY 307 is CLOSED at the 7.1mm between US 62 and KY 121- signs posted
- KY 307 is REOPENED at the 7.1mm between US 62 and KY 121
- KY 1820 is CLOSED at the 1to 3mm- signs posted
- KY 1628 is CLOSED at the 2 to 3mm- signs posted
- US 62 is BLOCKED at the 6.9mm in Cunningham due to fire department response to a structure fire
- US 62 is CLOSED at the 4mm in West Fork Creek Bottoms between Bardwell and KY 121- signs posted
- KY 307 is CLOSED at the 1 to 2mm near the Carlisle-Hickman County Line
- US 62 has Water Over Road signs posted at the 8 to 9mm near the Old Lamp Factory (NCI)
- Carlisle County has had reports of several trees down partially blocking highways, please use caution as crews respond to remove them
- KY 1129/Adams Road is CLOSED at the 4 to 9mm- signs posted
- KY 1354 Connector from KY 94 to Dorena-Hickman Ferry Landing is CLOSED due to floodwaters- Signs Posted
- Dorena-Hickman Ferry is CLOSED due to floodwaters over the Kentucky Landing- likely to remain closed until about March 4th
- KY 2140 is CLOSED at the 2 to 4mm between KY 1129 and KY 94 near the Mud Creek Branch Bridge- signs posted
- KY 1129 has Water Over Road signs posted at the 2 to 4mm near the Mud Creek Bridge between KY 2149 and KY 94
- Graves County
- KY 131/Said Rd is CLOSED on the McCracken side of the Graves-McCracken County Line north of Symsonia
- KY 1283 is CLOSED just south of the intersection with KY 58- signs posted
- KY 58 is CLOSED at the 0 to 1mm at the Graves-Hickman Co. Line
- KY1820 is CLOSED between KY 339 and KY 1241 east of Melber
- KY 123 is CLOSED at the 14 to 16mm due to floodwaters- signs posted
- KY 575 is CLOSED at the 1.5mm due to a damaged cross drain- signs posted
- KY 1219 has Water Over Road signs posted at the 0 to 1mm
- KY 58 has Water Over Road signs up at 7 to 8mm-Flaggers Present
- KY 307 has Water Over Road signs up at the 13 to 14mm South of Fulgham-Flaggers Present
- KY 2206 has Water Over Road signs posted at the 0 to 1mm
- US 51 has Water Over Road signs posted at the 10 to 13mm- Flaggers Present with water reported dropping slowly
- KY 58 is CLOSED at the 0 to 1mm in Graves County at the Graves-Hickman Co. Line
- KY 917/Tucker-Temple Rd is CLOSED at the 6.9 to 7.2 mm near the Hazel Creek Culvert- signs posted
- KY 137 is CLOSED from the 3 to 15.45mm between Birdsville and the KY 133/Lola Rd Intersection at Berrys Ferry Landing- signs posted
- KY 133/Lola Road CLOSED at 18mm from near KY 137 intersection to Berrys Ferry Landing- signs posted
- KY 70/Tiline Rd is CLOSED from the 7.5 to 8.3mm between Smithland & Tiline- signs posted
- KY 70 is CLOSED from the 7.6 to 7.8mm near the Vaughn Road intersection and Sugar Creek Bridge- signs posted
- KY 70 is CLOSED at the 0.8 to 1mm just east of Smithland- signs posted
- KY 70
- US 60 is CLOSED at the 11mm in Smithland at the floodwall due to accumulating rainwater- Detour via KY 453 and KY 967
- KY 453 is CLOSED at the 14.3mm between Smithland and Coons Chapel Rd- signs posted with detour via KY 937 & US 60
- Trees are reported down along KY 1433 and a couple of other locations- Crews dispatched to clear them
- KY 819/Sunnyside Loop is CLOSED at the 2.5mm at the Panther Creek Bridge
- KY 1255/Bonds Road is CLOSED at the 1 to 2mm due to floodwaters just west of the KY 450/Oaks Rd Intersection- signs posted
- KY 787/Bryant Ford Road is CLOSED at the 1 to 2mm near the McCracken-Marshall County Line
- KY 1420/Noble Rd is CLOSED at the 4mm between Meredith Rd and Cold Springs Rd- signs posted
- KY 1420 is CLOSED at the 2.8mm at the Massac Creek Bridge
- KY 1565/Mayfield-Metropolis Rd is CLOSED at the 5.5 to6mm between KY 305 and KY 358
- KY 1565/Mayfield-Metropolis Rd is CLOSED at the 5.2 between the RR Overpass and KY 305- signs posted
- KY 131/Said Road is CLOSED at the 0 to 1mm at the McCracken-Graves County Line likely to remain closed until about Feb 24th- signs posted
- US 62/Jackson Street at 26th Street in Paducah has Water Over Road signs posted with water dropping
- KY 305 is CLOSED between KY 358 and KY 1565/Mayfield Metropolis Road
- KY 994/Old Mayfield Rd is REOPENED at the KY 1014/Houser Road Intersection
- KY 1014/Houser Rd is CLOSED at the KY 994/Old Mayfield Rd Intersection- signs posted
- KY 1954/Husbands Rd is CLOSED between KY 999/Krebs Station Rd and KY 348/Hardmoney Rd- signs posted
- KY 994/Old Mayfield Rd is CLOSED between KY 1288/Lebanon Church Rd and the RR Crossing near Fremont- signs posted with water dropping slowly
- US 60-Business/Park Avenue has Water Over Road Signs posted between 9th Street & 10 Street in Paducah
- KY 994/Old Mayfield Rd has Water Over Road signs posted at the 6mm near Schmitt Road
- KY 339/Clinton Rd is CLOSED at the 0 to 1mm near the McCracken-Graves County Line near Melber
- KY 284/Old Benton Rd has Water Over Road signs posted between the Clarks River Bridge and Reidland
- KY 1507 is CLOSED at the 1mm- signs posted
- KY 128 has Water Over Road signs posted at the 1mm- water dropping
- Flood gates on Hog Wallow Road are closed for flooding, please detour to an alternate route
- South Main St. is closed form Brown St. to Hwy. 51 due to flooding.
Transportation officials remind drivers to turn around if water is on a roadway. Driving through floodwaters could cost the driver their life or the life of others. It doesn’t take much water to force a vehicle off the road.