JEFFERSON CITY, MO (KFVS) - Missouri now has a watchdog group to monitor the executive branch and it’s departments.
Missouri House Speaker Elijah Haahr (R-Springfield) announced the creation of the Special Committee on Government Oversight on Wednesday, Feb. 5.
“We have a deep commitment to ensuring the government is a good steward of taxpayers’ money and is transparent in its actions," said Haahr.
The Speaker named the following members to the committee:
- Rep. Robert Ross, R-Yukon (Chairman)
- Rep. Nick Schroer, R-O’Fallon (Vice Chair)
- Rep. Dan Houx, R-Warrensburg
- Rep. Dirk Deaton, R-Noel
- Rep. Rudy Veit, R-Wardsville
- Rep. Kip Kendrick, D-Columbia
- Rep. Peter Merideth, D-St. Louis City
House rules allow the Speaker to appoint special standing committees as he sees necessary.