MAYFIELD, KY (KFVS) - According to Graves County, Kentucky Chief Deputy Davant Ramage, four people are facing charges and one person has been caught after a home invasion on Thursday morning, November 7.
Derek Wilson was taken into custody by Graves County officials at 9 a.m. on Nov. 8 without incident. He was lodged in the Graves County Jail and charged with being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm, two counts of wanton endangerment, first degree and assault, fourth degree.
It happened on Ballard Road in Mayfield when a passerby heard a woman screaming and also heard gunshots.
A woman in the home, Heather Hughes, told a deputy that a group of people busted into her home and a fight began.
The gun allegedly used was seized by law enforcement.
After an interview, a deputy learned that Edward Ellegood, 43, Tammy Thweatt 45, and Daniel Moore 38, all of Mayfield, had been to the home earlier in the night and after an argument they were told to leave.
A short time later all three returned , Ellegood and Thweatt made got into home.
A resident of the home, Derek Wilson, 39, grabbed a shotgun and forced the pair outside and a fight began. During the fight, the homeowner fired a shot from a 12 gauge shotgun.
The fight ended after Wilson was knocked unconscious. Ellegood, Moore and Thweatt got in their vehicle.
As they were leaving Wilson had managed to get to his feet, get the gun and fired a number of shots at the vehicle, striking it twice near the passenger door causing major damage.
A detective and deputy were able to find Ellegood, Moore and Thweatt in the 1200 block of Prittchett Road.
Derek Wilson was injured according to a detective, and was on the run and with several charges pending.
- Derek Wilson faces two counts of wanton endangerment 1st degree, possession of firearm by convicted felon, criminal mischief 1st degree, and assault 4th degree.
- Heather Hughes was booked into the Graves County Jail. She was charged with tampering with physical evidence wanton endangerment 1st degree.
- Edward Ellegood was booked into the Graves County Jail for burglary 2nd degree and assault 2nd degree.
- Tammy Thweatt was booked into the Graves County Jail. She was charged wit burglary 2nd menacing, probation violation for a felony offense.
- Daniel Moore was cited and released with a court date for criminal trespass 3rd degree.